(From the statutes of the founding act of the Children Welfare Foundation South India)
Article 2 - Aim
1. The Foundation aims to promote the welfare and education of children under eighteen (18) years old in South India through support in:
• the construction of new schools (primary and secondary education) and maintenance thereof;
• equipment of the school, including plumbing and food facilities;
• projects related to improving the quality of education;
• the creation of new and maintain existing orphanages;
• other types of activities aimed at promoting the welfare of children in South India.
2. The Foundation serves the public interest.
3. The Foundation is a non-profit organization.
4. The foundation seeks to achieve its objectives by a/o:
• targeted fundraising within and outside Europe;
• the deployment of specific officers within the Foundation for projects in India;
• motivation of (groups of) people to make intangible contributions in order to achieve the objectives of the Foundation;
• developing reliable counterparts in India to help evaluating project proposals and facilitate execution of them.